I have been a professional psychotherapist for forty-six years, have received training in most of the established kinds of therapy, and have worked in a wide variety of settings.
Issues frequently discussed in my office include:
- Conflicts and dissatisfaction in important relationships
- Posttraumatic stress
- Work stress
- Health Concerns
The breadth of my training and depth of my experience equip me to work effectively with most of the problems for which people commonly seek help from a therapist.Sandra K. Pinches, Ph.D.
In addition to these general professional competencies, I have advanced training and specialized expertise in helping the following groups of people:
- Adults who suffer from the long-term effects of growing up in dysfunctional, addicted, or abusive families
- Couples and individuals who want to resolve relationship problems, and learn how to create and sustain constructive, intimate relationships.
- Law enforcement personnel
- Combat veterans
- Adults who have been through traumatic incidents, either recently or in childhood, and who want to be evaluated or treated for posttraumatic stress.